• At Proclamation Ale Company [Thursday 3:30-7 pm, Friday 5-9, Saturday 12-7, Sunday 12-5]: The Stalk [double IPA made with Citra, Mosaic, and Amarillo hops, 8.6% ABV]; Derivative: Citra and Mosaic [pale ale, 6%]; Process/Progress #3 [IPA with 40% rye in the malt base, 6.5%]; and Burgess [“ESB brewed with English malts/hops/yeast,” 5%].
• Tilted Barn will be closed on Saturday; in case you missed their announcement, they’ll be open every other week through June 4.
• At Grey Sail [Thursday + Friday 4-7 pm, Saturday + Sunday 1-5]: Hazy Day [Belgian wit], Flagship [cream ale], Flying Jenny [extra pale ale], Leaning Chimney [smoked porter], Black Mast [American stout], Pour Judgement [IPA], Great Ketch [IPL], and Captain’s Daughter [imperial IPA].
• At Whaler’s [Thursday and Friday 4-8 pm, Saturday 1-7, Sunday 1-5]: Spiced Blueberry Berlinner Weisse, Ginger Wheat, East Coast IPA, RYE pale ALE, Lazarette Double Citra IPA [from the Stone & Steel Series], Hazelnut Stout, White IPA, the Rise [American pale ale]. And: “We also have some big surprises that are going to be debuting this weekend.”
• At Long Live Beerworks [Wednesday-Friday 4-9 pm, Saturday 1-8]: Something Fancy [IPA, 7.5%, tastings only], Shop Truck DIPA [Armando calls it “grapefruit candy,” 9%], and Bricks and Mortar [oatmeal brown ale, 5.25%], plus a cask of I Know a Girl [IPA with thyme and lemon zest]. On Saturday from 1-5, the Gastros food truck will be serving its savory sausagey creations, paired with a new cask: Canyonero [Heck Hound cask-conditioned with dry and smoked chili peppers].
• At Newport Storm [Thursday-Saturday 12-6 pm, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, 12-5]: the seasonal Pilsner, Summer Hefeweizen, Hurricane Amber Ale, India Point Ale, Spring Irish Red Ale — and an Experimental Hop Test Batch [limited supply].
• • •
There are a handful of tickets available for the Newport Craft Beer Festival; go here for details and the link to the ticket page.
But there’s another big brew fest in Boston this weekend: the Beer Summit will be at the Park Plaza Castle [130 Columbus Ave, a few blocks from the Common] on Friday [4.15, 6-9:30 pm] and Saturday [4.16, 12:30-4 and 5:30-9 pm]. The fest will host 50 brewers pouring more than 200 beers; click here to scan the list. Tix are $60.