It’s been a loooong time coming since we broke the news on July 22, but everyone’s patience has finally been rewarded: The Malted Barley Providence [334 Westminster St] will celebrate its Grand Opening on Thursday, March 10. Congrats to Ron, Colin, Stephanie, and their hard-working [and patient] crews. Cheers!
• Our weekly what’s-on-tap glass is half-full — half of our correspondents are on a brewers’ cruise this week — but here’s what we know [and we’ve provided the usual links to the sources’ sites so you can glean your own intel re: the high seas revelers].
• At Proclamation Ale Company [Thursday 3:30-7 pm, Friday 3:30-8, Saturday 12-7, Sunday 12-5] for tastings and growlers: Two beers will debut at the West Kingston HQ! New Beer #1: Process/Progress 2. Dave sez: “Batch 2 of our ‘mess around’ IPA series. QUAD (yes, I said quad) dry hopped with a blend of Centennial/Equinox/Bitter Gold hops and about 30% oats in the grist. Giant, hoppy, grassy, citrus, berries, floral. 6.7% abv.” New Beer #2: Burgess. Dave sez: “Straight up 5% ESB brewed with English malts/hops/yeast. Named after a mofo that looks like Jake Gyllenhaal and made Dave drink too much.” Also: The Stalk [double IPA made with Citra, Mosaic, and Amarillo hops], Derivative: Galaxy, Derivative: Mosaic — and Broze [oatmeal milk stout; on nitro for tastings only].
• At Bucket Brewery [Friday 1-7:30 pm, Saturday 11 am-5 pm]: the debut of Prudence & Patience Rosehip Gose, plus Black Goat o’ the Woods [spiced milk stout], 33rd Inning Red Rye Lager, Pawtucket Pail Ale, Park Loop Porter, and Fireside Harvest Ale [“last keg!”], [plus some tests and one-offs].
• At Foolproof [Friday 5-7 pm, Saturday 1-5]: Queen of the Yahd, a new raspberry IPA [5.2% ABV; four-packs of 16-ounce cans will ship in a month or so], plus Shuckolate, Revery, Peanut Butter Raincloud, Backyahd, Barstool, La Ferme Urbaine, Raincloud, and King of the Yahd — and a special cask of Queen of the Yahd made with peaches. [And ICYMI, we posted some Foolproof news on 3.1]
• At Long Live Beerworks [Wednesday-Friday 4-9 pm, Saturday 1-8]: ’Nuff Said IPA, Milk Milk Stout, and Heck Hound [smoky red ale]. Plus on Firkin Friday [3.4], Gato Pina [Black Cat made with pineapple].
• At Ravenous [Saturday 1-4 pm]: Dolly Cole [black IPA], Blackstone Pale Ale, Chocolate Milk Stout, and Coffee Milk Stout.