Ready, set…get tastin’-’n’-growlin’!
• At Bucket Brewery: On Friday [1-7:30 pm]: Black Goat o’ the Woods [spiced milk stout], 33rd Inning Red Rye Lager, Pawtucket Pail Ale, Park Loop Porter, and Fireside Harvest Ale [plus BOG and/or “assorted prototypes/experiments”]. On Saturday [11 am-5 pm]: it’s IPA Day. Nate says: “All of the taps will be a different IPA, some of which will be candidates for moving to full production based on guest voting.” Also pouring: the return of 9 Men’s Misery. And: “We’ll pour our usual beers from cans and bottles by request if anyone does not want IPA. All of the IPAs are very small batches, so they will be served as long as they last.” Andand: On February 27, Bucket will host Roadhouse: The Musical [based on the beloved 1989 Patrick Swayze film]. Doors at 8, show at 9, tix are $20 [includes four drink tix and a souvenir pint glass].
• At Proclamation Ale Company [Thursday 3:30-7 pm, Friday 3:30-8, Saturday 12-7, Sunday 12-5] for tastings and growlers: The Stalk [double IPA made with Citra, Mosaic, and Amarillo hops], Derivative: Galaxy, Derivative: Mosaic [also available in super-fresh-bottled-on-Thursday bombers] — and a new batch of Broze [oatmeal milk stout].
• At Foolproof [Friday 5-7 pm, Saturday 1-5] : check out their expanded tasting room, featuring Shuckolate, Revery, Peanut Butter Raincloud, Backyahd, Barstool, La Ferme Urbaine, Raincloud, and King of the Yahd — and a special cask of Revery with Mexican chocolate and chipotle peppers [on deck: a pin of Backyahd with Fruity Pebbles, made with Mosaic and Citra].
• At Long Live Beerworks [Wednesday-Friday 4-9 pm, Saturday 1-8]: ’Nuff Said IPA, Milk Milk Stout, Heck Hound [smoky red ale], and ’Nuff Said 2 [with a different hop profile]. Plus on Firkin Friday [2.19], Oak Oak [Milk Milk aged on bourbon-soaked oak].
• At Tilted Barn [Saturday 1-4 pm]: growlers/tastings of Libby, their new American Blonde Ale [with Citra], the Chosen One [double IPA], and Second Harvest [pale ale]. Matt advisess: “Check all pages for updates on hours…the mud is for real right now.” UPDATED 2.19 @ 9:59 pm: “Last minute call that we are going to be closed tomorrow (2/20) due to muddy conditions here at the farm. Sorry folks.”
• Head to Wakefield to check out Whaler’s Brewing’s renovated digs [Thursday + Friday 4-8 pm, Saturday 1-7, Sunday 1-5]; head to their Facebook page to see what‘s on tap.
• At Crooked Current [closed Thursday to “replenish supplies from our fantastic Valentine’s Day weekend crowd; Friday 5-8, Saturday 1-5]: The CC folks say “they’re too uncertain to call any shots about what might be pouring on Fri or Sat”; check their Twitter/Facebook for updates “as our fermenters report their statuses back to us.”
• At Newport Storm [Thursday-Saturday 12-6 pm, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, 12-5]: Spring Irish Red Ale, Hurricane Amber Ale, India Point Ale, and Rhode Island Blueberry, plus Annual Release. Plus, Newport Storm will team up with Narragansett Creamery for beer-and-cheese pairing sessions [five of each] on Saturday [2.20] at 6:30 pm and Sunday [2.21] at 5:30 [$15, $12 with a Newport Winter Festival bracelet; click here for tix].