Here’s the weekly brewery roundup — a virtual 401 beer kiosk…
• Grey Sail has its regular lineup — Flagship, Flying Jenny, Hazy Day, Captain’s Daughter, Avenue N, and Pour Judgement — plus Dynasty Imperial Cream Ale [8%ABV], Farmhouse Ale, the latest Chalkboard Series [made with Belgian yeast, spelt malt, and Sterling, Styrian Aurora, and Hallertauer hops, 6.5%], and Great Ketch IPL [by the way, the cans are still waiting for labels; soon come]. Cozy up to the tasting/growler station today from 4-7 pm and on Saturday + Sunday from 1-5 pm [and on Wednesday + Thursday from 4-7]. And be sure to offer a fond farewell and best wishes to “beertender/beergeek” Jon Brodie, who is leaving the smallest state for a new job in the largest state at Alaskan Brewing Company in Juneau. Jon says: “I’ll miss representing Grey Sail [as I did] just about every weekend for the past 2.5 years in the tasting room, but hopefully I can transition smoothly from slinging Captain’s Daughter to their Smoked Porter.” Cheers, Jon!
• Proclamation Ale has two variations of Derivative — Mosaic and Galaxy — for tastings and growlers. Dave says they’re “dialed in and ready to go — two nice summer fruit bomb pale ales.” Plus: bottles of Harper I Apricot [a blonde sour fermented in oak barrels] and Keraterra “with a different brett strain, fermented in red wine barrels, and dry hopped with Galaxy and Mosaic hops.” Head to West Kingston tonight from 5-8 pm and on Saturday from 1-5 pm.
• Whaler’s Brewing has Citra IPA, East Coast IPA, Rye Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde, Ginger Wheat, and Plum Pale Ale [Thursday + Fridays 4-8 pm, Saturday 1-7, and Sunday 1-5].
• Bucket Brewery has 33rd Inning Red Rye Lager, Pawtucket Pail Ale, Sabin’s Stout [aged in an Uprising barrel from Sons of Liberty Spirits Co.], Park Loop Porter, and B.O.G. Cranberry Orange Saison. Tastings today [1-7:30 pm] and Saturday [11 am-5 pm, $5] and tours on Saturday [1:30, 2:30, 3:30 pm, $13, includes pint glass].
• On Saturday [1-4 pm], Tilted Barn Brewery will share Early Riser IPA [The Beer Formerly Known As Brewfest], Raffi [oatmeal stout] and Half Mile IPA. Plus: the crew from Walrus and Carpenter Oysters will be shuckin’ ’n’ sellin’ their savory delicacies.
• Crooked Current has Kickback American Wheat, Immorality Pale Ale, and Strawberry Blonde Ale on Saturday from 1 to 5 pm.
• Aaaand Foolproof is open today from 5-8 and Saturday from 1-5 [with tours at 1, 2, 3, and 4] for tastings [$10, includes three samples] and growler fills of their usual fine brews [Backyahd, Barstool, Raincloud, La Ferme Urbaine, and “super-fresh” King of the Yahd].
For updates and post alerts, PLEASE follow Bottles & Cans on Twitter [@BottlesCansRI] and Facebook and/or SIGN UP for e-mail alerts at the top of this page. Tell your friends!!!