Tuesday [4.7] was National Beer Day, which was the inspiration for the content in the first three links. After you peruse them and the four other diversions, we encourage you to scroll through this week’s B&C posts, including how to break the beer codes; Cascade Brewing coming to Rhode Island; and news about Bucket Brewery, Grey Sail, and ’Gansett.
• The best beer from every state, by Melissa Stanger and Skye Gould @ Business Insider [Spoiler alert: Their pick for Rhode Island is Grey Sail’s Stargazer Imperial Stout…which was brewed — one time only — in 2012. Get ’em rewrite!]
• 9 important moments in American beer history, @ Pocono Record [“1969: Bottled beer is outsold by canned beer for the first time in the U.S.”]
• 4 Rules for Finding a Drinking Buddy In the World of Craft Beer, by Allen Park @ Paste [“For all its merits, the beer community isn’t exactly conducive to newcomers, especially now that the ‘craft beer movement’ has fully hit its stride. Every passionate pastime has its share of bad apples, and when it comes to craft beer, there can be an awful lot of downright assholes ruining the fun for everyone.”]
• Let’s Grab a Beer…With A-B InBev, by E.J. Schultz @ Ad Age [“Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a digital campaign called ‘Let’s Grab a Beer’ that seeks to promote, you guessed it, beer. While that is not surprising, this is: The program carries almost no branding.”]
• Fenway Park’s Beer, Tickets Still the Most Expensive in Baseball, by Jack Andrade @ Boston.com [$7.75 = 12 ounces]
• Minibrew’s all-in-one beer making system will turn anyone into a brewmaster, by Natt Garun @ The Next Web [The “tabletop brewing system…combines the brewing, cooling and yeasting process into one machine.”]